Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Boss-tone

I’m in a new place. Not so much the phase, but in an entirely new life.
I was driving on a viaduct [basically an overpass/bridge], there’s a tight shoulder on the right and a two cars pulled over on this narrow shoulder. There are what seems to be a large percentage of psychotics walking around [maybe so many really bright people living w/in reoccurring dreams]. So this guy starts walking out into oncoming traffic. I have no choice but to slightly into the next lane. It’s a hot spring day so I’ve got the window, sunroof down. Not so unexpectedly there is honking – urgent honking. I look over and a large man in a burgundy van is gesturing and yelling at me. He speeds ahead. I take the opportunity to pull up next to him at the light. I look over, w/ all the Dee-troit panache I feel like mustering and give him the “what…” look. He’s yelling loudly and I only hear the volume not the words. I say, “what the fuck…did you want me to hit the guy? ” Now I can finally make out what the large man is saying. I’m stunned. He’s apologizing. “I wasn’t honking at you – I was honking at the guy walking into traffic…” This never would have happened in the Motor City.
Really…

No comments: